Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,556   Online: 802

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Need 35 mm lens - Leica lens on Sears KSX - possible ?

One group master donated me a sears ksx with 50 mm and sigma 28-70 old zoom.
    I am grateful to this master but this is the most terrible camera i have ever had in 30 years.
    Since I lost my job , i m not able to use leica again.
    They only take wall signs or other flat surface two dimension pictures good but when it comes to 3d , it is terrible.
    Nowadays , nowayears , i have no money but i will cut the internet , collect money and buy a leica summitar for 100 dollars , i found at e bay.
    Can I find a connector ?
    If you have nikon , canon or german 35 mm lens , i can trade with my lenses plus money.

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    One group master donated me a sears ksx with 50 mm and sigma 28-70 old zoom.
    I am grateful to this master but this is the most terrible camera i have ever had in 30 years.
    Since I lost my job , i m not able to use leica again.
    They only take wall signs or other flat surface two dimension pictures good but when it comes to 3d , it is terrible.
    Nowadays , nowayears , i have no money but i will cut the internet , collect money and buy a leica summitar for 100 dollars , i found at e bay.
    Can I find a connector ?
    If you have nikon , canon or german 35 mm lens , i can trade with my lenses plus money.

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Basically, SLR cameras have mirrors, rangefinders don't. To fit a mirror into an SLR, its body needs to be deeper than that of a rangefinder camera. This in turn means that, at least in theory, any SLR lens can be mounted on a rangefinder camera and focus to infinity, using an appropriate adapter (some of which are freely available, some of which you will need to have made specially). Fitting rangefinder lenses to SLR cameras will ALWAYS mean that they will focus only (very) close up, which makes it uninteresting for most users and in turn means that few if any adapters are available for this purpose!

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa wrote "... i m not able to use leica again.
    They only take wall signs or other flat surface two dimension pictures good but when it comes to 3d , it is terrible."

Eh? Wot? I realize you aren't a native speaker of English, applaud your efforts to communicate with those of us who don't know Turkish. Did you really mean what you wrote? It seems very strange.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sears KSX is mostly likely a Ricoh camera. Almost surely with a K mount. If it is plenty of Kmount lenses will mount and work just fine. For not much money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where you live? Find yourself a Russian 39mm Leica RF clone camera. Mount that Summitar on it. Go to town.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin