Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,485   Online: 1046

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ehparis View Post
    The F3 outsold the F4 and was discontinued after the F4 was gone. Someone apparently thought the F4 was not a "replacement" for an F3.

A "good condition" user F3 goes for $200-$225, a really nice one (cosmetically) for $300. They also use auto lenses. They're built like tanks. What exactly is wrong with an auto flash like the Vivitar 283?
    Which is part of my reasoning for the F4 over the F3.

The F4 isn't any more money and can be cheaper. Better metering. Uses common AA batteries. The F3 used button batteries? The F4 adds a modern still supported flash attachment. TTL flash.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have to cast a vote for the FE2. Great camera, simple to use, rugged. With the SB16B you get TTL auto flash, which is very accurate, in my experience.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eddym View Post
    I have to cast a vote for the FE2. Great camera, simple to use, rugged. With the SB16B you get TTL auto flash, which is very accurate, in my experience.
    Maybe one should add...... And newer, up to at least the SB28 (I would expect youll get TTL with the SB800 too).
    The FE2 is a great little camera but I like the diode in the FM range better than the needle in the FE's.
    Kind Regards
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    Maybe one should add...... And newer, up to at least the SB28 (I would expect youll get TTL with the SB800 too).
    The FE2 is a great little camera but I like the diode in the FM range better than the needle in the FE's.
    Kind Regards
    Søren
    I didn't mean to restrict the flash choices to the SB16; indeed, my SB800 does work in TTL with my FE2. Should have said that.

And I like the match needle meter better than the diodes. It's more... ANALOG!!
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, having rented an FM2n for the weekend, I'm now biting the bullet. See the classifieds for my massive M42 sale!
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin