Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,488   Online: 953

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Score One For The Good Guys!

Hi All,

Today, I was shopping for some photochemical supplies when I overhead two people conversing about the new Nikon non-film cameras, just recently released. They saw my F100 around my neck and asked me if I heard anything about the new gear. I told them what I knew and they asked why I continued to shoot using 35mm film. My explanation was such that I convinced one of them to break out their old gear and begin shooting 35mm again.

A welcome and refreshing change!
    Last edited by Snapshot; 09-26-2007 at 01:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So what was your explanation?
    My Chanukkah and Christmas card designs for sale at http://dewylfinart.deviantart.com

Images
    He told them he'ld beat the crap out of them if they didn't.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotophox View Post
    So what was your explanation?
    Well, it was a "holistic" approach. I told them I enjoyed the process of developing film, the process of making pictures and the fact that I was creating "lasting" images. Also, I did touch upon the fact of film can capture more detail, albeit with grain, than digital images. I also explained that cost is quite competitive versus digital and you have the benefit of avoiding the need for upgrades. Why buy new, expensive gear when you have perfectly effective image capture tools in your closet right now!
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Wow. Maybe I should try that explanation. Every time I try to explain why I use film instead of digital I'm looked upon as someone one step away from institutionalization.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I do only B&W, I tell them I don't want to lose the control I have with film...EC

Shooter
    35mm
    my thought, digital for snapshots, film for quality work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Today I saw an advertisement for a new Nokia cellphone. It has a 5mp camera in it. You don't even need a digi P&S anymore for snappies!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Today I saw an advertisement for a new Nokia cellphone. It has a 5mp camera in it. You don't even need a digi P&S anymore for snappies!
    makes me wonder about the optics on it...and whether or not its like the bell and howel 10mp camera which is really 2mp interpolated and can store a thousand pictures on 16 megs of memory....people should go back to film, if nothing else its so much simpler to understand.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bob100684 View Post
    makes me wonder about the optics on it...and whether or not its like the bell and howel 10mp camera which is really 2mp interpolated and can store a thousand pictures on 16 megs of memory....people should go back to film, if nothing else its so much simpler to understand.
    The "snappers" do not wonder about the optics!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin