Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,054   Posts: 1,561,258   Online: 1045

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Who says everyone wants digital ? Interesting ebay listing.

FIRSTLY - this is not a listing with which I have ANY connection.

Look at this listing http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZmariaa8657

At the time of posting the bidding on the digital was dead as a Dodo but the film camera was going very well. Just me being optimistic or a sign of the times ?

CJB
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Um, I dunno what the retail price of the digicam is in the UK, but the opening bid on it is above the US street price for new ones, same make and model. Perhaps people who use digicams aren't that dumb.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Heh, I don't think digital is going to die. Face it; film is a fringe cult for those who value the particular qualities it offers. Your average snapshotter and a good number of serious amateurs and professionals are now completely digital and that's not going to change.

I think we're seeing a revival in interest in old film cameras as a consequence of the digital revolution though; look at the hot market for medium and large format cameras on ebay. Lenses and cameras that used to be considered junk are going for a small fortune these days. At the same time, with most professionals going digital, amateurs can now afford nice hasselblad and RB67 systems, which will doubtless fuel interest in film.

Eventually things will stabilize, and digital will dominate the photographic marketplace, and film will be going strong amongst artists and fringe lunatics.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't know about the film/digi thing, but I've emailed the women who work with me to alert them to a possible shoe bargain!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it's more of an indication of how volatile the value of digi cameras are. Every few months new ones are introduced that are cheaper and have more capabilities than the models they replace. There is very little reason to consider buying a used P&S digi.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    bdial wrote "There is very little reason to consider buying a used P&S digi."

Especially for more than a brand new one of the same model.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin