Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,090   Online: 1036

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Need suggestion on 35mm film camera

Hi All I'm new to this site looks like lots of info here. So here is my question. I own a Minolta Maxxum 5xi and am thinking about purchasing a Minolta X700 what are your opnions on this camera? I'm looking for a very good all purpose camera wheather it be the x700 or any other camera I want lots of functions as I know how to use all of them, been in photography on and off for 25 + years.

Thanks in advance for your help Dan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Favre421 View Post
    I want lots of functions as I know how to use all of them, been in photography on and off for 25 + years.
    Dear Dan,

If you know how to use them all, why don't you just stick with manual and cut out the middle man?

Cheers,

Roger
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    F6 and all the glass you can afford.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I own the X700 and it's a fine camera, very relaiable. Some might find the X500 a better option. More viewfinder information, but no program-mode.

Jaap jan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mmm...F6. Someday....

Shooter
    35mm
    I checked the price on the F6 YIKES no hunting/fishing trips and no NASCAR race LOL. Looks like a wonderful camera but my budget wont allow it or I should say my spouse wont allow it. I'm looking for an older camera in abt the 250.00 range with some lenses. Thats why I was looking at the X700 unless someone can suggest something better in my price range. I do like my maxxum but I really enjoy being able to control everything if I want. I've taken some pretty cool photo's using all manual mode on my XG1, double exposures and some photo's look better out of focus kind of adds a soft tone to them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suggest to go all manual & get an early SR-t 102 with mirror lockup or get an XK.

Craig

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You already have the 5xi and I am assuming you have some good glass for that camera. What about a Maxxum 7 or Maxxum 9? You can have great metering, bracketing, AE, and still manually focus the camera. The 9 is out of range, but a good Maxxum 7 would fit the bill. It is a great camera.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shypii90
    I recently bought an X700 and I can tell you I love the camera! It's fantastic
    Really worth the money it's selling for these days, and the results I'm getting are lovely (just make sure you develop your film at a good photo lab though because at 1-hour drugstore labs you get disappointing prints which have several flaws on the paper itself and not carried forward from the negative).

Glad I could share my experience.
    Shawn

Shooter
    35mm
    Tnx every1 for all the great info, I'm kinda torn btween the x700 and the x570. There's a very gd deal on an x700 with lenses with a 1 yr guarentee on e-bay within my price range, but am still thinking about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin