Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,552   Posts: 1,544,909   Online: 916

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rate the Nikon F90s

I had posted earlier about my search for a faster focusing/motor drive than my F60.Might have a deal on an F90s.
    It would be nice to hear from members who use this camera.

Thank You

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used this camera for a number of years before upgrading to an F100. Well built and ergonomically sound. Autofocus was quick and used a wide focus area instead of spot focus areas. Accurate metering, although not up to the standard of the F5. I regret selling mine and I'm on the hunt for another one.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have run several hundred rolls of film through mine. It's been to 4 continents and several countries and has yet to let me down. I love it.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    great camera. never let me down. experience til minus 22 with lithium batteries.
    go for it I would say
    unless, you could get f100, f6 for the same price

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i have both the 90 and 100, and favor the 90 and use it more often.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have one, and with the grip it fits perfectly. It's sturdy, meters very well and the wide autofocus is very nice. I'd been pondering an F5 or F100, and I think I'll just stick with my N90s.

Shooter
    35mm
    The N90s is hard to beat for any purpose where a 35mm camera is suitable. It focusses smoothly and quickly and is ergonomically a pleasure for most people to use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Provided the subject is well lit and contrasty then the auto focus is fast and (generally) accurate. If it's dull or hazy forget it. I often switch my F90X to manual focus to stop it hunting back and forth – I think this is a generic AF problem, not one confined to the F90X.

Otherwise, yes it's a good camera, quite chunky with the battery pack, but ergonomically sound. Works well with the SB26 flash unit too. At the sort of prices being asked nowadays it would be a bargain not to be missed!

But I still prefer my F3....

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the F5 and F100 a lot better. The autofocus is much more sensitive and easier to use.

That having been said, the cost of the F90 and F90x these days is extremely low. You get a lot for your money. Especially if you've not been spoiled by the F100 and F5, you'll find that these cameras are extremely fun to use and very capable.

Try one out!
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have one Mike. I like it. I bought it and then jumped onto a couple of F100s. The N90s is nice, but no match for the F100. I could be convinced to sell it (with or w/o MB-10).
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin