Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,004   Online: 725

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pentax *ist?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Images
    This is actually a very helpful thread.
    About twice a year, some casual acquaintance, or relative of a casual acquaintance, because of my local reputation of being that guy who is a "real Shutterbug" and who knows all about cameras and stuff, will ask me which camera they should buy. Since no camera that I personally own would be of any use to them at all and I have utterly no knowledge or interest in the latest glut of auto-everything, gimmick-laden, electronic marvels, I inevitably leave them disappointed and wondering how someone of such obvious total ignorance has managed to fool anyone into thinking that he knows anything about Photography at all.

Now that I know of one, I will say with great authority that the *ist (if I can manage to learn how to pronounce it), is definitely the singular choice for picture taking and thereby protect my gleaming reputation as a Photographer.

Neal
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Wait until they ship it this month. It may have some gotchas still-(( OTOH a brand new camera that can use any lens sold by pentax for 25+ years is interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin