Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,926   Posts: 1,522,124   Online: 827

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pentax *ist?

http://www.pentaxusa.com/news/news_display...cfm?pressid=149

What do you all think? Allegedly list price will be close to $300 so it's relatively cheap. It's not too heavy a plus when you're carrying the worlds heaviest 4x5. I've got lens that fit it so that's a plus.

I just want something to carry and maybe help decide on what to use the LF on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Still looks kind of big. What about an old Rollei35s or Minox 35mm ? I have a Minox, but haven't gotten around to getting battery adapter for it. You can fit them in your pocket and they have great optics.

Images
    Looks good, I'm a big fan of Pentax (still use my K1000) it would be a good choice for a second cam and a LF meter.
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Looks like it has lots of modern features and versatility in a compact and very lightweight package, as far as AF SLRs go.

If you've already got Pentax lenses that fit, it looks like a good deal.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Sean it's smaller then my old spotmatic-)) I'm not sure you can get much smaller and still fit the film in the body. Hopefully it's out this month then I'll wait to find out if it comes with any gotchas.

It sounds almost too good for the price. Makes me wonder what they skimped on.

Images
    What is *ist?
    Is "*ist" a text friendly a way of expressing an obscenity, like sh*t or f*rt?
    Why not call it the new "Pentax #*!@&"?
    How the heck do you pronounce it?
    Should I refer to it as "The camera formerly known as Spotmatic"?
    I'm freaking out here.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Flotsam @ Mar 6 2003, 09:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> What is *ist?
    Is "*ist" a text friendly a way of expressing an obscenity, like sh*t or f*rt? </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    That is totally what I thought when I first read the thread.
    hi!

Rumour has it you&#39;re supposed to use whatever fits for you. So if you&#39;re a little *ist then that&#39;s what it is-))))

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wow&#33;

Now all I need is the Pentax Aesthetic Module - I hear this selects the image from a library of styles, composes the image according to infallible Composition Rules and with the optional Robot Cradle - goes out and FINDS the site, waits for the proper time (or sets the studio lighting) and trips the shutter precisely at the "Decisive Moment".

Then, all I will have to do is sit in the shade of a banana tree, sipping a mint julep - while this assembly scurries around making fine art for me.

Does this sound sarcastic? Possibly a little bit?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

I think it has that-)) One of the models has a motion sensor to trigger the shutter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin