Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,282   Online: 770

Shooter
    35mm

Minolta Maxxum 5 date

Good pm everyone, I just purchased a Minolta Maxxum 5 date. Has anyone used this camera? I looked at the available options on the camera and it looks like it meets my needs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Maxxum 5 is a wonderful little camera, loaded with features. It IS small, so I used a battery grip with it. However this size is also a plus. If you mount a 50mm lens on this camera without the grip it is almost small enough to tuck in your pocket. Coupled with a fast AF and an excellent metering system-you have a winner. My wife still uses this camera for exactly this reason.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I used to have that camera & I loved it. I gave it to my sister so she could get started with photography. It is a great camera to carry around & some of my best images came from it.
    ~Val

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's one of my favorite cameras. As a matter of fact, I have it in my car today with a 50mm lens attached.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I keep one (non-date model) loaded with ISO 200 for grabbing and running out the door. It is accompanied by 50mm f/1.7 and a 28-100D lens for use with flash (3500xi). It is small quick and accurate.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    35mm
    Tnx for all the input everyone i did get my camera late last wk have shot abt 4 rolls of film with it am going to take it in for processing tmw I'll know then if it was worth the $$ or not. I'll updt everyone let them knw tnx agn Dan.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin