Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,232   Posts: 1,532,897   Online: 942

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contax G1 vs G2

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
    Most people I've heard or read complaining about AF accuracy with G2s (I'm not saying this applies to you, Roger, this is just a general observation) seem to not fully understand how the AF system works. It's not a point-and-shoot, and its focusing system doesn't work like one: it doesn't automatically focus on the closest object or use any fancy subject detection algorithms.
    Dear Nicolai,

No offence taken. As a long-term user of manual RFs (since about 1970) I tried to use the brackets like a true RF but found that it often hunted on targets I could have focused manually, e.g. a pit or crack in a concrete wall (which I was using yesterday for 19th century graffiti). As ever, a lot depends on experience with other systems, and expectations. The G2 seldom failed, but when it did -- AAARGH!

Cheers,

R.
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Roger, the G2 AF is contrast-based, just like your eye with an RF patch.

Correct technique: http://www.botzilla.com/blog/archives/000378.html

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another vote for G2, my favorite street and light travel camera. Take the time to learn to drive/lock the focus using your right thumb on the back button before loading any film and you will be a very happy user.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin