Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,725   Online: 901

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I recently bought a Canon 24-70 f2.8 L to replace my 28-135 IS, but to be honest, it doesn't seem to be any sharper. What have I spent 3 times the money on to get that 'L' and red ring? The main advantage is that it's faster and a bit wider, but I expected a bit more from it for the money. Unless I've got a duff lens?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    FYI, the Tamron is ordered.
    Good choice. I had the canon 28-105 II for years and "upgrade" to the Tamron 3 years ago. I also own the tamron 17-35, great combination.
    Rafael

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The 28-105 f3.5-4.5 USM is a wee jem. I shot extensively with it when I was shooting EOS.

The Tamron is also a gem. Shot extensively with it during my first foray into K mount, and will be buying either a Minolta or Sony branded version for my Maxxum system. The only problem with it on Canon is the lack of FTM focusing (Not an issue with my Maxxum 7 as I have it configure to disengage the AF system automatically upon focus lock via the DMF feature that's almost unique to the Maxxum 7).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin