Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,590   Posts: 1,545,942   Online: 1211

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Nikon 8008s Instructions?

I inherited a Nikon 8008s body in good shape. I've got lots of Nikon glass, old and new, and in-between, as well as some flashes, etc. Does anyone have an instruction book (or a link to one) for the 8008s camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.lensinc.net/manuals/F801_N8008.pdf

I was just given an N8008s with instructions, two Nikkor zooms, a Sigma wide angle, a 400mm Tokina, and some accessories. My first autofocus camera. You might want to investigate the MF-21 multifunction back as well, which has some interesting features besides just printing the date, exposure info, or numbers in the frame. It can also serve as an intervalometer, fire the camera when a moving object comes into focus (needs the electronic remote release for that function), and other functions. I've seen them used in bargain condition at KEH for $20. The only drawback on the one I was given is that an impact destroyed the info LCD in the finder. I find it a nice camera except for a couple of switch placements that I find awkward. The finder is nice and clean, especially with the LCD out of commission.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl K View Post
    I inherited a Nikon 8008s body in good shape. I've got lots of Nikon glass, old and new, and in-between, as well as some flashes, etc. Does anyone have an instruction book (or a link to one) for the 8008s camera?
    http://www.lensinc.net/manuals/F801_N8008.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The online manual we linked to is for the N8008, not the N8008s, which includes spot metering. So you can add spot metering mode to the meter mode setting options that you toggle through. It'll be obvious from the little icon when you've set that. Spot metering covers the smaller central circle. The AF on the 8008s is also faster and it's supposed to be a little quieter than the 8008.

Lee

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I've had my 8008 since new, approx 1988. Love it, but still have to go back to the manual now and then. After four years shooting view cameras the 8008 series seems just as complicated as a new digital camera. Then Lee and his sons have to show me how to walk back to the car every now and then.

Here is a source for either manual.
    http://www.craigcamera.com/

• #NIK-0250 Instruction Manual
    Nikon N8008S AF Camera $25.00

• #NIK-0249 Instruction Manual
    Nikon N8008AF Camera $25.00

John Powers

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Nikon 8008/8008s Instructions

Thank you, Lee L, for the link. Those 84 pages answered all my questions and more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You're welcome Karl. I've been having a bit of fun with the N8008s I was given. If it were 1/2 inch taller it would fit my hands better, but that and a switch placement or two are the only real drawbacks for my shooting style. Very good for a randomly assigned camera. Oh yeah, sometimes my right thumb twitches to the right in mid-air after I release the shutter.

BTW, John can almost always find the way back to his car, and I've never seen his 8008, only his 7x17 and 8x10. I think the orientation difficulties only come when he's daydreaming about his assigned partner in a studio photography course this fall, reported to be a smart, attractive blonde 22 year old female dance and cheerleading instructor. He probably feigns difficulty understanding the Canon XTi they have to use half the time for class, and asks her to explain it over again after class every day or two.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    I too just got an N8008s. Great camera. Thanks so much for this link. I purchased the camera pre-owned and it didn't come with a manual. Stay well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't try to mount a non-Ai lens on it.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Butkus.org have the 8008s owners manual..great cameras ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin