Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,998   Online: 1018

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am an admitted packrat and long time camera junkie, using 35, MF, and LF. I have an old XA which I bought new and also a new Stylus Epic, both of which I have with me at all times (B&W in one, color neg in the other). Both are wonderful and very sharp, comparing favourably with my newest Nikon, an F2S with non AI lenses!
    John Harvey
    Colorado Springs, CO
    harveyje@usa.net

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Interesting discussion... having a pocket-sized manual film camera would be a wonderful thing. I looked at some of the cameras mentioned here. Some seem to be auto exposure (even if exposure is indicated in viewfinder). The Agfa Isolette looks neat, but no built-in meter... and what's the point of a pocket camera if you have to be constantly using a seperate meter to estimate exposure settings? Anybody know of a small camera with manual settings and a built-in exposure meter? I wouldn't mind a 6x6 either... I love squares. Haven't touched 35mm in a while.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurore
    ...and what's the point of a pocket camera if you have to be constantly using a seperate meter to estimate exposure settings? ...
    Aurore, you learn to guess. I first learned photography on a 1948 Welta Welti, a really nice little 35mm folder. No rangefinder, no meter, just a finder. It doesn't take long to learn to guess the distance and light to within "good enough" tolerances!

I never use a meter now, unless I'm shooting LF or under very difficult conditions. All my folders are meterless, as well as the FED (see my indoors shot in the Anniversary Gallery - exposure by guesswork).
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin