Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,482   Online: 922

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    They understand the brokerage charges situation when shipping to Canada. I have had success calling tehm to arrange shipping without customs brokerage charnges.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    They understand the brokerage charges situation when shipping to Canada. I have had success calling tehm to arrange shipping without customs brokerage charnges.
    This is good to hear. Was it simply a matter of calling them to make arrangements to ship via USPS or did you pay for the customs charges up front?
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This was a while back and the relavent details appear to have been removed from long term memory I do recall that the order was by phone while looking at the web page and upon expressing concern over brokerage charges, the matter was resolved. It may have been via UPS though, as I think it was delivered directly, rather than having to pick up at the post office.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For something small like a camera, I always take the overnight, 2 day or whatever the option is. The ground option usually ends up costing the same with brokers fees, which are included in the express charge.

Agreed though, the post office is usually the best option.

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I, too, can endorse KEH. I have sold equipment to them and also bought from them. In every case they have been fair and honest.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've dealt with KEH and my experiences were good - when they were less greedy. Has anyone else noticed how their prices have been jacked up in the last year? They now are pretty much the most expensive place (at least for nikon gear) and I remember a MF lens, when I was shooting medium format that went for 210 bucks. Well same condition, same lens ... 380 bucks two months later. No thanks.

I actually find that my two local shops have prices at about the half way mark to that of KEH's. I bought a (roughly excellent .. by their rating) F4s for $250 bucks and a absolutely perfect Demo grade FM2 for the same price - both much much cheaper than KEH.

So KEH imho is a great place with accurate prices and honest grading ... but prices that make them last on my list now. And they used to have reasonable prices. Oh well.
    To find the answers .... Question them!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel+ View Post
    I've dealt with KEH and my experiences were good - when they were less greedy. Has anyone else noticed how their prices have been jacked up in the last year? They now are pretty much the most expensive place (at least for nikon gear) and I remember a MF lens, when I was shooting medium format that went for 210 bucks. Well same condition, same lens ... 380 bucks two months later. No thanks.

I actually find that my two local shops have prices at about the half way mark to that of KEH's. I bought a (roughly excellent .. by their rating) F4s for $250 bucks and a absolutely perfect Demo grade FM2 for the same price - both much much cheaper than KEH.

So KEH imho is a great place with accurate prices and honest grading ... but prices that make them last on my list now. And they used to have reasonable prices. Oh well.

I have had exactly the opposite experience. Just purchased a bargain 55mm f3.5 for my Pentax 6x7. The only problem was the condition of the lens - it was immaculate, and way cheaper than my local stores or Ebay.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Been dealing with KEH about 20 years- never disappointed. Demand for Nikon gear is pretty strong so the prices are creeping up. On the things I'm scurrently watching they are maybe 20% higher than the average auction price on Ebay BUT!!! With KEH there is a warranty and someone to take it back if it doesn't work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nyoung View Post
    Been dealing with KEH about 20 years- never disappointed. Demand for Nikon gear is pretty strong so the prices are creeping up. On the things I'm scurrently watching they are maybe 20% higher than the average auction price on Ebay BUT!!! With KEH there is a warranty and someone to take it back if it doesn't work.
    I think this is a key point. While I've had very good experiences with eBay purchases there is something to be said for KEH's return policy.

It's kind of a judgment call whether it's "worth" 20% or so - for some things it is - for others - I'll take the eBay chance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just got something from Keh and am always prowling the website for more stuff to buy They've been great pulling stuff off the shelf (in another building) so they can answer any questions I have about it.They even took it off the web listing for a week while I was trying to decide whether to buy it or not. This is extremely decent of them in my books and why I'll buy from them again without hesitation.

As for shipping, USPS is an option for low priced buys. I ended up with Fed Ex which was only about $10 more and was worth it for the two day turnaround (give or take) vs week or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin