Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,919   Posts: 1,584,780   Online: 980

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nice experience with KEH

I took the plunge and purchased a Nikon N90s & MB-10 grip from KEH. All I can say is WOW!!
    A bit difficult to make contact via email but once we hooked up things moved along nicely.The only glitch was my fault.I seldom use a credit card and sent them the wrong information.
    Can't say enough about their rating system. What is listed as GOOD at KEH is almost pristine in my eyes.I'm taking it in today to my local shop where the camera department head will go through it with a fine tooth comb.It's a huge step up from my other AF nikon ,an N60. I want to make sure that all the bells & whistles are working properly as I wade through the manual.
    FedEx took their pound of flesh but hey,who needs to eat when you have plenty of film,developer and a wicked new toy.

Thanks to all the apugers who answered my post about "Where to buy online".

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy View Post
    FedEx took their pound of flesh but hey,who needs to eat when you have plenty of film,developer and a wicked new toy.
    Ouch. Next time, just tell them to use the US Postal Service - regular parcel post with insurance or Priority Mail will do the trick and save you lots of $$$ (no broker fees for example) for the same level of service to Canada as Fedex.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Art.I'll do that with my next order.And there will be a next order.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format

From KEH to Canada via USPS and Canada Post?

I have my eye on a number of Rollieflex TLR accessories there. After being burned by non-delivery on my last eBay transaction, I'm reticent to eBay for a while. One hundred good experiences on eBay were nullified by one bad one.

Has a Canadian APUGer persuaded KEH to ship by USPS? I know the cost of couriers to Canada, and the associated [painful] brokerage fees. Those fees are not a bad percentage on a new Rolleiflex or Leica, but prohibitive on a order of one or two hundred dollars.

Thanks in advance for your help.

L.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    KEH won't use USPS for anything like a camera. They'll only use it for low value items (e.g. manuals).

It is worthwhile considering one of the higher priced courier options to Canada, because some of them include the brokerage fee.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is the main reason why I am leary about dealing with KEH as to their insistance on using couriers as opposed to USPS.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    35mm
    Why will they not ship USPS?

I have had firearms, FFL to FFL can ship USPS, worth thousands literally shipped that way with no problem.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was contemplating a purchase from KEH. It's good to hear that their rating system is reasonable. I keep seeing descriptions elsewhere about "mint" condition equipment with just "minor" dings and scratches and excellent condition equipment with significant mechanical and cosmetic deficiencies.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyR View Post
    Why will they not ship USPS?

I have had firearms, FFL to FFL can ship USPS, worth thousands literally shipped that way with no problem.
    Bob
    It's their company policy not to do so. Nothing more complicated than that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    It's their company policy not to do so. Nothing more complicated than that.
    Then I think it's time Canadians have to convince them to change their policy, if it's really their policy - I don't know. It's just silly.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin