Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,541   Online: 915

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What are the latest Canon EOS 35mm SLR`s?

I recently had my Canon EOS 600 serviced and the shutter repaired after several years of use since I bought it new.
    I am looking to buy another EOS 35mm SLR, but I am out of touch as to what is available today. The EOS 3 had a good review when it was first launched some years ago, but I cannot find any new ones for sale. Perhaps this has been replaced by a newer version. I was wondering what model to buy?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It appears that the top of the line EOS 1, at mid range Elon 7, and at entry level Rebel are available, I dont know if any are in current production or old stock. Check the B&H webb site.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Canon's web site will tell you.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster View Post
    Canon's web site will tell you.
    Canon lists the EOS 3, but it is not avilable at Adroma or B&H.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Given the current market, consider buying used. There are some great prices out there on top-of-the-line used EOS models compared to new prices. Have a look at KEH's website even if you intend to buy locally.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

EOS 1V.

I have just bought online, a secondhand EOS 1V body described as in mint condition and boxed with instruction booklet.
    This should arrive to me on Friday.

Thanks to all who have replied.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You won't regret it - the 1V is an absolute peach of a camera; I bought mine new, partly because all my other film cameras are second hand and I fancied a change , but mainly in the knowledge that it's probably the last 35mm SLR I'll ever buy - I intend that camera to live longer than I do!

It also has the multi-point spot metering function, which some of the lower-spec models do without; I love that feature, having got used to it with the T90.
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    You won't regret it - the 1V is an absolute peach of a camera; I bought mine new, partly because all my other film cameras are second hand and I fancied a change , but mainly in the knowledge that it's probably the last 35mm SLR I'll ever buy - I intend that camera to live longer than I do!

It also has the multi-point spot metering function, which some of the lower-spec models do without; I love that feature, having got used to it with the T90.
    Thanks Tim,
    I`m looking forward to receiving the Camera and trying it out in the beautiful Autumn sunlight, provided the weather holds out.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin