Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,998   Online: 696

Thread: Pentax KX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pentax KX

Can the focusing screen be removed without much trouble?
    How?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The screens were factory changeable from memory, so you may need to unscrew the frame that holds it in place rather than the clip and hinge system of the MX and LX.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Screens on the KX are not user changeable. You would have to remove the top cover, PCB & prism to remove the old one. Then what would you replace it with?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi John. I didn't want to replace it. I wanted to clean a bit of dirt from it. Usually such a thing doesn't bother me much but the offending crud is located dead center of the screen.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Screens on the KX are not user changeable. You would have to remove the top cover, PCB & prism to remove the old one. Then what would you replace it with?
    They were not user changeable but different types could be specified at the time of purchase. I have one split image and one microprism centre. As a lot of my photography seems to be in poor light, I much prefer the split image.

Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin