Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,925   Posts: 1,522,116   Online: 789

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Yes!

And as any NY Times crossword puzzle nut will tell you dictionary usage of "variant" or "Var." in a clue is a nice way of saying "misspelling".
    What's a "NY times"?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    What's a "NY times"?
    Just go to your local Starbucks.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Good luck with your lens/lense.

I ain't smart enough to be no word nerd and when you talk about peopling this here forum I get all confused. Now when Caliban wanted to people that island place I thought that meant he wanted to get jiggy with Prospero's daughter. That's the only place I seen that thing word used like a do something word before.
    "If I only had a brain"-Some badly dressed guy made of straw in some movie I think I saw

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Good luck with your lens/lense.

I ain't smart enough to be no word nerd and when you talk about peopling this here forum I get all confused. Now when Caliban wanted to people that island place I thought that meant he wanted to get jiggy with Prospero's daughter. That's the only place I seen that thing word used like a do something word before.
    I dint laya finger on that damned Miranda!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by vollie View Post
    Maybe someone could instruct me how to get the front element of the lense out and I can clean it with some denatured alcohol.
    I'm not really all that up on small format lenses, but I think it might be a bad idea to take apart a zoomer, without knowing for sure how it is put together. Spacing and all that. On the other hand, somebody who really knows is bound to pop by soon.

Shooter
    35mm
    I hope so. Maybe somebody on DPUG knows. Few here want to help...just worry me about my spelling.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am dreadfully novice, but I still use film. That is why I am here. should I start over with digital?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vollie View Post
    I am dreadfully novice, but I still use film. That is why I am here. should I start over with digital?
    NO.

Stike around here too.

All seriousness aside, you would do well to have the lens serviced. Try KEH.com for servicing. I hear good things about their work.

Knowing how to spell is not important. We know this because if knowing how to spell was important, God would not have put Control-L on the keyboard.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Matt,

Could be, I guess. But the guy is shooting with a F-100. So, I "pulled" a couple of my Nikkors off the shelf to look at them before posting - and none of them had flat front elements.

What kind of "light gathering" would be achieved from a flat front element?

My thinking is that there is a filter on the front. Could be wrong - but....
    I have a 55m f/3.5 Micro-Nikkor that appears to have a flat front element - of course it might not be perfectly flat, but I'm not going to run my finger across it to check. Just because the front surface is flat, doesn't mean the lens element is flat - it is entirely possible to have a plano-convex or plano-concave lens with the curved surface facing in and the flat surface facing out.

Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    No, it's not really flat. It is curved. I should have used better terminology. It is the front element of the lense/lens.

To the person who recommended KEH...thanks, now I am on the right path.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin