Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,440   Online: 919

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, maybe he really sold it already.
    Some shops here have the most beautiful Nikon-collections I have ever seen. Almost clean F:s and F2:s with unused pre-Ais optics.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am Vietnamese, although I have lived in the US for over 30 years, and I know the Vietnamese thinking. I don't think he sold the lens, as I also know that Vietnamese don't want a manual focus lens and very unlikely willing to pay that much. The way he treat you because he thinks you are stupid and generally would pay more just because you're a foreinger (Sure he is wrong) but that's the way many Vietnamese merchants think. You should have asked a Vietnamese friend to go with you on the first time. Or you should have asked a Vietnamese friend to come back and buy it without your present. I must add that you didn't break any courtesy rule and he just pretend not to like you (as you can see his friend smiling all the time). And no they're not tired of foreinger pushing for bargain because bargaining in Vietnam is the rule, no one pays the asking price at least without trying to bargain somewhat. About the only courtesy rule you could break is that you're his first customer of the day and trying to drive a hard bargain (it means bad luck to him). Soft bargain is definitely OK.
    Last edited by Chan Tran; 11-21-2007 at 04:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin