Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,930   Online: 988

Anyone know a good source for Nikon F2 parts?

Does anyone know a good source for Nikon F2 parts? I have tried Sover Wong and he doesn't have anything. Here is what I am looking for:

My collector quality 1977 Nikon F2AS Black camera has a deep scratch in the top plate.

Does anyone have an extra top plate they want to sell or know a source of parts?

1977 only please.

--Jeffrey Steinberg
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    35mm
    You might try Pete Smith at Fotocamera Repair in Lake Worth, Florida. He does extensive (and excellent) work on older Nikons, and if he does not have the part himself, he may know where to get it. Good luck!
    Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey A. Steinberg View Post
    Does anyone know a good source for Nikon F2 parts? I have tried Sover Wong and he doesn't have anything. Here is what I am looking for:

My collector quality 1977 Nikon F2AS Black camera has a deep scratch in the top plate.

Does anyone have an extra top plate they want to sell or know a source of parts?

1977 only please.

--Jeffrey Steinberg
    Have you talked to a repairman about this? Particularly as you want a plate from the same year, I would have thought easier to have your existing plate repaired.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    35mm
    You may want to try this person: http://www.geocities.com/sover_wong/...r_Service.html I have never done business with him but from i've read he's a good person to deal with. HTH

Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington View Post
    Have you talked to a repairman about this? Particularly as you want a plate from the same year, I would have thought easier to have your existing plate repaired.

Regards,

David
    I have used Sover. He is excellent. He doesn't do paint repair and doesn't have the part that I need.

Thanks for the references.
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey A. Steinberg View Post
    I have used Sover. He is excellent. He doesn't do paint repair and doesn't have the part that I need.

Thanks for the references.
    What I think you need is a repair person's network used by various repair people to make repairs to customer cameras. These are common on the east coast although they're strictly for use by repair people. Assuming the "repair cost" would be nominal this could be the route to go. I can't see looking for a particular "color" plate for a particular year as very productive.

After all you struck out with Sover and he reportedly has one of the better *individual* supplies of F2 parts. I've heard of no one else comparable to him and his F2 supplies.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin