Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,980   Online: 935

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    One of my photo buddies has a Canon F1 and her favorite lens is a 100mm prime. We were developing a bunch of film the other day and found she had strings of photos that were totally black. Investigation led to the lens. It seems the blades are covered in oil and are sticking wide open. Ouch!!

So how much should she expect to pay to have this rectified?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Eric,
    no one else has replied, so I'll give it a shot... I would imagine $50 to $100 dollars to dissemble, clean and relube.

Essex camera repair is given high marks by Popular Photography magazine. The offer email estimates at the bottom of their page.

http://www.essexcamera.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Tom. I've checked eBay to see how much these lenses are selling for before I take it in and it seems it's worth fixing. It's a very sharp lens and I think with some extension tubes could be an excellent macro lens as well.

eric
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin