I had both too, kept the f5. It is nice to go small with the f100 but I still prefer the F5. Its the best SLR I have ever used, period. Fits perfectly in my hand and is super fast.
The nice thing about the F6 is that it is both. The battery pack is removable; without it, the camera is the size of the F100, with it, the size of the F5. You win both ways.
Originally Posted by Sportera
BTW, I was shooting mine this afternoon at the state capitol building - we've had a lot of rain lately, and this afternoon the sun was shining.
I too, would be interested in reading Robert's proposed commentary on the two F models.
Yes Robert, that is absolutely right.
Originally Posted by roteague
Some further reasons why I prefer the F6 over the F5:
- improved AF
- improved 3D-Color-Matrix-Metering
- even with all old manual Nikon AI-S and the new Zeiss ZF lenses you can use the Color-Matrix-Metering , the old lenses are fully compatibel
- with the optional changeable screens A, J an L you get the best manual focus SLR you can imagine
- Advanced wireless lighting system
- improved mechanics, better mirror dampening, quieter operation (low noise level)
- better ergonomics
- integrated data back
- better viewfinder
- excellent data recording with the MV-1 data reader
- better MLU function
It's the best 35mm SLR ever made. Worth every penny. I love it.