Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,729   Online: 854

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

any 35mm compact I can manually set ISO?

Hi, My Ricoh GRV1 had just died and as I roll my own film now wondered whether anybody knew of a good compact with flash I can manually set ISO? Thanks and hi from the UAE.

Shooter
    35mm
    Uhmm....Olympus RD, Canon G-III 17, Konica S3, Yashica Electro 35 CC, Minolta 7sII, Yashica 35GX, Rollei 35S, Olympus XA and XA4, all nice little rangefinders, but I don't think any of these have a flash, however most of them let you attach one.

Another method that would get you more choices would be to shoot some factory rolls with the ASA's you need, and just reload them with the same ASA film.
    Last edited by JBrunner; 12-01-2007 at 11:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want the same 28mm focal length with your next camera as your Ricoh, the Olympus XA4 that J mentioned could work nicely for you. The XA4 has both a manual and a DX film setting! There are separate flash units made specifically for the XA series cameras. I've been using an Olympus XA for years. The lenses are known to be excellent.... Check out the following site for more info: http://tinyurl.com/342hrw

Marc

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks guys / never even thought of the little Olympus / I'm off to ebay right now....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Rollei 35s has a flash, unfortunately you have turn the camera upside-down to use it.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Get some ISO bar codes for your "roll yer own" cannisters.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Holliday View Post
    where'd I get these from...

Shooter
    35mm
    Do a Google search (I used to have it bookmarked, but cannot find it now) on 'film DX coding' and you can find the exact information to set the ASA/ISO to whatever is allowed (and the number of shots on the roll, if I remember correctly).
    Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

ISO Bar Codes

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Holliday View Post

Gary, do you know where those are easily obtained? Waiting for a bulk loader to start taking care of my own film.
    Last edited by unohuu; 12-03-2007 at 08:49 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: grammar/spelling
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Gotta add a Canonet QL17 to the list. Well-loved camera here and very nice. Thank you.

Chris
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin