Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,966   Online: 792

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Aperture information not shown in Contax RTSIII. Help

My much loved CZ PLanar 85mm lens has seized to "inform" my Contax RTS3 on the right aperture. The little metal "jimmy" on the back of the lens, that is supposed to pass the setting on to the camera is getting a little to stiff, in any case stiffer as on my other CZ lenses. Can someone tell me what this problem is and how it can be remedyed? Is this a DIY job or a professionals?

Thanks,
    Jaap Jan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Learn to count clicks the old-fashioned way?

If it's gunked-up lubrication, you may find commercial solvents that do the trick. But nothing matches a pro cleaning - have you asked around your neighborhood shops for an estimate on cleaning?

Then again, are you sure it's the lens? My CZ lenses have a fixed metal thumb to transmit that info. The little sliding part is for the "auto aperture" so that the lens snaps to f/8 (or whatever) at the moment of exposure.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke View Post
    Then again, are you sure it's the lens? My CZ lenses have a fixed metal thumb to transmit that info. The little sliding part is for the "auto aperture" so that the lens snaps to f/8 (or whatever) at the moment of exposure.
    You might be right. However my other lenses work fine on the RTS3

Thanks anyway,

JJ

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin