Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,637   Online: 896

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Might be better to explain that urbex isn't a walk down the street

In toronto hipster circles urbex is like explore an abandon building, crawl up a sewer grate etc. These can be pretty physical situations. If you really need to squeeze, go whole hog, and pick up a 2" collaspibe fan reflector and a stash of AG-1 flashbulbs. They leave the amount of light that an integrated camera flash packs in the dust. There are many urbex situations where available light is not an option, unless you want your highlights blown and then expose for 10 minutes to get any detail in the very dark shadows.

Learn about stand or semi stand development techniques to learn how to tame the extreme contrast ranges that such shooting ends up leaving as miles wide contrast in the captured latent images.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    But, yeah, Markok. Light and lean is definitely the way to go. Adds to time you can dedicate continously without having to lug around your customized Alan Ross studio with you. Whatever you can fit in your pockets. And take BIG pockets.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Use a photo vest with lots of pockets, a 35mm slr or a rangefinder with a fast wide like a 28mm 2.0 or 2.8, fast normal 50mm 1.4 or 1.2 short tele such as 90 or 105. If your pentex is 42mm SM an 85mm 1.8 would be very useful. For a SLR a wide to short tele such as 28mm to 80 or 28 to 105 some pro level zoons are somewhat fast 2.8 or 3.4. A small light weight monopod, I have a Bolex that was made for 16mm movie cameras, if you can find one there were very light tripods make in the 60s that although somewhat flimsy fold up to pocket size, A compact flash with tilt head, filters and batteries.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So, go light, bring a tripod [May get a small tabletop one] and don't bring a bag?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Learn about stand or semi stand development techniques to learn how to tame the extreme contrast ranges that such shooting ends up leaving as miles wide contrast in the captured latent images.
    I stand develop less than 400speed film, in Rodinal, anything faster goes into tmax developer.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks everyone! I need to find a location, and then I'll bring a tabletop tripod [If I can buy one] and the olympus. I'll bring lots of film and a light. How is this?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin