Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,110   Online: 1084

Shooter
    35mm

Dust specs inside Pentax M lens.

I just bought a SMC-M 50 1.7 that takes great pics. It is in very good condition and I realize that a few internal dust specs probably aren't worth worrying about. I just don't like seeing them in there. Can anyone reccomend someone qualified to disassemble the lens and clean it? I only live a few miles from the Pentax national service center in Denver, but they say they won't work on lenses this old anymore.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Leave them alone.

If you get someone to clean the lens, you'd probably end up with more dust specs in the future.

No one likes seeing them in our lenses. It's just justifying the expense of cleaning them out.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=s...num=4&ct=image
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "If it ain't broke,
    don't fix it"

You might end up with a paper weight.I know that I did.

Shooter
    35mm
    alright already. I got dust specs. btw, the camera (zx-m like new in original box) lens (except for the dust spec looked like new) and a brand new fg battery pack all off ebay for $45 for the works! Just got back a roll of E100G from the Slideprinter in Denver and the pics of my standard test subject--Denver Union Station, are the sharpest I have ever shot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wolfee, even the best repairers can clean a lens and render it unusable - as I found out to my horror 20 years ago. Mind you the same (manufacturers official) repairer also proved totally incompetent at camera repair 3 years ago. (Not Pentax BTW)

If it's working well as you say just live with the dust specks

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    [QUOTE=wolfee;555744]. . . I just don't like seeing them in there. . . .QUOTE]

If they are dust and not fungus, no problem. Always look only through the viewfinder and never into the front of the lens, and your photos should be fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Home repair.

I had a bit of dust in my lens.
    Tried to clean it myself.
    Things got out of hand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BUSTED LENS FOR SALE.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin