Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,773   Online: 846

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    The superb Kiron 28-105.

KK

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Sigma 35-70mm/2.8~4 is an excellent lens.

I think it's sharper even than the Zuiko 35-105mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cheers, i've looked at a few and tried a couple.

I tried a Tamron 35-70 f/3.5-5.6 (only £4!), It's OK but not all that good... not realy sharp enough. I just got the Sigma 35-70 f/2.8-4 for not much more and it's looking considerably better. Although i've yet to make any big enlargements - comparing negatives on the base board, it's looking very good (certainly sharper than the Tamron and close to my prime's). Hopefuly this will be a keeper! Most of the Zuiko's are a little out of my budget.

Thanks

Jim
    "Well, my name's Jim. But, most people call me . . . Jim"

Shooter
    35mm
    To add to my earlier post in this thread re. the 35-70 f3.5-4.5, below is a scan from A4 sized image taken with this lens (original in colour). The printed image is more than sharp enough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mwtreview2000.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It depends what you're looking for - convenience or quality. I carry a Zuiko 28mm, 50mm, and 100mm, which incidentlally is the one that is used most, superb for isolating and concentrating on the main subject. I don't like zoom lenses. They came into being via the movie industry, which is where they belong. Moving pictures don't need to stand up to the same standards as a still picture, but then if you only print to 6/4, 5/7, what the h***.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, after a couple more rolls it seems the Sigma can't compete either. It's very inconsistent between focal lengths although centre sharpness is quite good.

For the moment at least im back to primes. I got a slightly bigger camera bag to make it easier and changing lenses a little quicker, it'll just fit an extra body too - so i've been carrying fast and slow film. Not much bigger than a single SLR bag - i can just get two OMs and 28, 50 and 135mm lenses - and it's not too heavy (can be a problem - broken hips!). One of the good Zuiko lenses is still a future possibility though.

Jim
    "Well, my name's Jim. But, most people call me . . . Jim"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the 75-150 constant f4 zoom and it delivers very nice contrast, colour rendition and sharpness. A relatively small and light lens with 49mm filter diameter and built in hood. Also quite cheap now on used market. I will always keep this lens with my OM kit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OM 75-150.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    The Kiron 70-150 f/4 zoom, is VERY good. Kiron (Kino Precision Industries) made the legendary Nikon "E" 75-150 for Nikon.

Kiron Kid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin