Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,272   Posts: 1,534,535   Online: 1039

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At the end of the Large Format workshop I attended this spring I found myself thinking "why have do I have any lens besides the 210?" as a I barely touched the other two I had with me. For my 35, a 35-105 zoom is on the camera most of the time, though maybe a zoom doesn't quite qualify as one lens.
    Hauling lenses is certainly a double-edge sword, you aren't necessarily forced to bypass pictures that can't be made to work with what you have on the camera, but stopping, changing lenses, and the mechanics of dealing with them is a huge interruption to your flow.
    I agree with Steve, that limiting your equipment makes your photography stronger.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Do any of you find yourself only using or owning a single lens for your interchangeable lens cameras?
    Yes. Always have. Fewer complications, more challenge.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For 35mm, I find myself using a 50mm lens about 90% of the time. My usual walk-around kit is a "classic" Nikon SLR body and a trio of lenses encompassing the 24 f/2.8, 50 f/1.8, and 85 f/2. Add in a few rolls of film, lens hoods, and filters (all 3 lenses take 52mm filters), and I'm good to go. The entire package is small and light enough to carry around for more than a few hours of street walking, and comprehensive enough to do what I need.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With my M6 I only use the Summicron 50 now. I always think I should change to the Summicron 35 but never actually do it. I bought a 85 mm Jupiter to try out for portraits, but didn't yet. Always the Summicron 50... Before I got that I did actually change between tree lenses, one 50 mm Jupiter and two 50 mm Industar...

/matti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Depends what I'm doing. Mostly, I use the 50mm 1.4 on the F5, but when I'm out on the fells with the F80 I exclusively use the 50mm, 'coz it saves on weight. If I did need to take a second lens, it would probably be an 85mm.
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    More and more, I use 50mm on 35mm cameras and the 75mm and 80mm on medium format cameras.

I can remember the time when I avoided using standard focal length lenses--too "normal". Now I am less interested in lens effects.

Shooter
    35mm
    For my everyday use I pretty much use my 50-mm 1.8. It just works. But lately I have found myself using my 135 2.8 an awful lot. I switch between them both about equally. I do have a 24-mm 2.8 but I haven't found much use for it as of late. But in my defense I have only had it a month. But I would have to say that the 50 mm lenses I have, I have 3 different ones. Get the most use. I abhor zoom lenses for the most part. If I could afford one that was a fast as a prime and as clear then I would use them.
    "There is something about the mystery
    of what is on a roll of film that keeps
    me shooting, none of that digital
    instant gratification for me."

Shooter
    35mm
    I use my 50mm quite often. I go to my 24 when I need to capture a nice landscape or big interior.
    I also use my 100mm E lens quite oten when shooting portraits or just candid people pictues.

So my main lense are- 24mm - 50mm - and 100mm.

Shooter
    Medium Format

One is a genius....

This will probably be lost on all but the young'uns here, but:

"Gee Brain, what lens do you want to shoot with tonight?"
    "Same lens we shoot with every night, Pinky, the standard lens that came with the camera."

Yeah, most of the time the 50mm lens just stays on my SLR. If I need something sligtly wider I tend to use the xa or xa2 which I carry in my pocket, it's faster than switching lenses!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i like the 85mm on the F100 and 50mm on the F4.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin