Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,041   Posts: 1,560,711   Online: 1057

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trip_wt View Post
    This will probably be lost on all but the young'uns here, but:

"Gee Brain, what lens do you want to shoot with tonight?"
    "Same lens we shoot with every night, Pinky, the standard lens that came with the camera."

Yeah, most of the time the 50mm lens just stays on my SLR. If I need something sligtly wider I tend to use the xa or xa2 which I carry in my pocket, it's faster than switching lenses!
    Pinky and the Brain. Yer datin yerself kiddo.

Our children used to watch that!

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Do any of you find yourself only using or owning a single lens for your interchangeable lens cameras?
    No.

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mostly, yes. For many years, despite having Canon, Nikon, and Hasselblad systems (i.e., numerous lenses), my favorite mode was to use the basic "normal" lens for a particular camera or to use a fixed-lens camera. I only used the other lenses when I had no other choice. Several years ago I traveled around the USA for 3 months in my motor home, and the only camera I took with me was a fixed lens camera; I just didn't want to bother hauling all the gear associated with even one camera "system."

By the end of that trip, I still didn't regret that decision. It really changed my attitude about what's really necessary. Sadly, though, I still suffer from GAS. So I guess I like buying/owning all those lenses, but not using them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do any of you find yourself only using or owning a single lens for your interchangeable lens cameras?

Chris
    No! When I think I only need to carry one lens and one body, I take a fixed lens camera with me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    With different 35 mm systems, I have always preferred fixed focal length lenses and my most-used lens was always a medium telephoto. Over the (many) years: An 80mm 2.8 Tessar on my Practikas; 105 2.8 Takumar on my Pentaxes; 105 2,5 Nikkor on the F2; 100 2.8 on the Oly Oms; an 85 2,0 on the Ukrainian Kiev 35 mm; and a 90 mm 4.0 on the Leica M6. I like doing landscapes and portraits and like the kind of perspective those type lenses give.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For my Bronica RF645, I only have the 65mm lens. Steep prices prohibit me from getting the 45mm or 100mm. So, that one, I certainly use as a single lens camera.

For my Canon EOS, I have stepped away from the zooms and moved to primes. I don't use strictly one lens, but to be honest, the 50/1.4 is now on it 95% of the time. I usually carry the 24, 50 and 100mm macro, but really, it's the 50mm I use most.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A Nikkor 28mm is permanantly attached to my F3 for walking the streets. Plenty of dof for prefocussed grab shots and I can still do portraits with it. Easy.

Lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Chris
    mainly because i don't have the money for a second lens ...

Shooter
    35mm
    Lots of 50mm in my life. Does a little bit of everything. I shall be shooting more documentary next year and so might spend a long bout with something shorter (interiors). But if I can I will use the 50.
    What would Dziga Vertov do?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One . . . at a time, anyway.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin