Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,292   Online: 768

Shooter
    35mm

M42 Lenses for K 1000

I shoot a Pentax K1000, but there are alot of the M42 screw mount lenses that I want to use especially the 105mm. I know that I can use a K mount adaptor, but many have said that the lense does not work the same and that I will not be able to use my shutter and have to use the stop down method.

Does anyone have any experience in this area? Should I get the K Mount adaptor and give it a shot?

Jamusu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't remember if you'll need to manually stop the lens or not but that's the only issue. Give it a shot.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanx Nick.

I really good photographer advised that I get this size lense, but he does not shoot a K1000. I will give it a shot because I do not want another camera. I like my K1000 because of its simplicity...it makes me think. No automatic focus or depth of field preview. Either you fail or succeed which is good in my opinion because I am forced to learn my aperture and shutter combinations. When capturing and printing a good image all of the hard work pays off. This camera is the ultimate teacher.

I guess I will give it a go.

Thanx.

I think I will give it a shot.

Thanx.

Shooter
    35mm
    I dont think youll be able to focus to infinity. I could be wrong, but I had this problem when using my Kawa adaptor to mount my M42's to my Nikons. I did find a proper adaptor thanks to an APUGER.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You have to stop down to shoot which makes fo a dark viewfinder, but that's the only issue.

I've used screw mount lenses on two modern Pentaxes - a MZ-5n and (dare I say it?) a K100D, and both work just fine with screw mount lenses. Even with LTM and a LTM-to-M42 screw adapter.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralcity View Post
    I dont think youll be able to focus to infinity. I could be wrong, but I had this problem when using my Kawa adaptor to mount my M42's to my Nikons. I did find a proper adaptor thanks to an APUGER.

With the right adapter, you can focus to infinity. Pentax kept the lens to film distance the same when they changed to a bayonet mount. I don't think there is a glassless lens adapter for any other type of mount that allows infinity focussing with a M42 lens. Pentax has always had backwards lens compatibility, even with their latest DSLR.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    35mm
    Great. I will see what happens then!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the Pentax adaptor and use with a ME and K1000 as well as a Chinon CE 5. With the ME and Chinon it will not meter with 28mm or wider lens, the adaptor shadows the meter, but works very well with long lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanx Paul.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin