Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,583   Posts: 1,545,781   Online: 1031

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Scored a great wide angle lens.

Hello! I went to the toronto Henrys today, and I bought a 28mm F3.5 Pentax super-takumar lens! I paid 80 with 1 year warranty and tax! Also, do I really need a UV filter? The guy at Henrys outlet showed me the durability of a lens by scratching it with his keys, and dropping it on the floor. It still worked well, so should I get a filter? Anyone know anything about this lens? Its not multicoated.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    R O T F L M A O !!!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    R O T F L M A O !!!!!
    I am serious!
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    marko

i hope he didn't do that to the lens you bought, YIKES what a show .
    i would take it back and get another ....
    and ask for the sale LESS the damage
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    marko

i hope he didn't do that to the lens you bought, YIKES what a show .
    i would take it back and get another ....
    and ask for the sale LESS the damage
    Nope, it was a Nikon lens. 24mm I think. My Pentax lens has been damaged, auto/manual stitch is bent a bit, but the rest of the lens is mint.

Here:
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    think of the filter as cheap insurance JUST IN CASE something happens. Which would you rather do, replace a $10 filter or a $80 lens?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm sorry, but, (milk through the nose, OH CRAP) in the dictionary under gullible it says 'see . . .'
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Markok. In regards to the UV filter, I'm of the impression that it only required for someone who does not take care of their equipment and keep their lenses from getting scratched through absent mindedness or the like. For as long as you've been here, you don't seem that type. I don't own any so it really depends on your own personal preferences. In regards to the sales scenario at Henry's, I hope you did not buy that lens. I don't run over a customer's carberator to show off its durability before the sale. Maybe after if he's a jerk. I would go back to Henry's and tell the guy to get bent (fornicate himself) and give me a lens that does not require a DROP TEST and then get a public apology that involves flies and whipped cream. You should not be taking things like this. Stand up for yourself. Point out their bad sales techniques. I don't know what possessed the guys to maul that lens (he should be shot for that alone) but it is not acceptable behaviour here in, well, anywhere I guess. Man, I can't believe that there is a person that allows another to sell his photogrpahic equipment and then act like that. DUde would be out on his ear. In a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Christopher Walrath; 12-23-2007 at 01:27 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: adding
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    I'm sorry, but, (milk through the nose, OH CRAP) in the dictionary under gullible it says 'see . . .'
    Why?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    35mm
    The Nikon was probably just a stunt lens. Something else wrong with it so they couldn't sell it, so they probably just decided to turn it into a demonstration. Still, the salesman sounds like an idiot. I know I wouldn't buy anything from someone who thought that was a good idea. You'd always wonder whether he had done the same thing to the lens you bought for someone else.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin