Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,809   Posts: 1,581,533   Online: 942

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

My first SLR (from 25 years ago)

I have just visited my parents and whilst I was there I picked up a camera which was my first SLR.

It is an Edixa Prismaflex with its original Edixa-Auto-Cassaron 50mm, f2.8 lens.
    It also came with a 35mm non auto stop down lens.

Lens mount is 42mm and shutter speeds go from 1/30 to 1/500.

About 25 years ago my father handed it to me in a box and said "here, do you want this?"

It hasn't had a film through it for about 18 years but it all seems to work correctly so I intend to try it out soon.

Steve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails edixa.jpg  
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 12-23-2007 at 03:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had an Edixa around 1972, solid, very heavy not a subtle camera, lacking any refinement, you could see why the German camera industry lost its way. Although reliable it really couldn't compare to the Pentax I replaced it with.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find that I shoot very differently when I use quirky cameras, and I think this camera would fall solidly into that category.

Definitely fire a few films through it for old time's sake. Let us know if you find that you shoot differently now with this camera than you do with your usual gear.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    My dad recently gave me my Pentax K1000 that I learned on just about 25 years ago. Like yours it still works fine.
    I thought the camera was lost until he brought it to me and said " i think this is yours". It was originally his until he gave it to me to learn with.

Shooter
    35mm
    My first camera I got 30 years ago, a Nikon F2AS. It got stolen 7 years after I bought it. I wish I still have it today.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin