Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,666   Online: 917

Thread: Ricoh

Shooter
    35mm

Ricoh

I took the plunge and bought a Ricoh XR-P, partly to use my Pentax screw mount lenses on, BUT now that it is coming, having done as much checking as I could in my few remaining Modern Photography & Popular Photography magazines, I see Ricoh's best lenses came out in the last years of 35mm dominance.

Do any of you know much about the performance of the various groups of Ricoh lenses.
    As far as that goes, which Ricoh body was the best "manual" body. As far as I can tell it is the XR-7 but I am guessing.

Merry Christmas to all!
    Bobby

Images
    I had the XR-P at one time, about 15 years ago. Loved the camera. Also loved the 28-100 f4 that came on it. A fantastic lens. I'd say look for one of these. Also had the standard 50 f1.8 or f2, can't remember. Also a good lens. You do know that the Ricoh is a K-mount, or more precisely a KR-mount and not a screw mount. The difference between the Pentax mount and the Ricoh mount is the placement of the electrical contact for the AE modes.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm no authority on Ricoh,s but, their lenses seem to be pretty good. I've been shooting for 30+ years, and I've yet to see a Ricoh SLR body that wasn't fraught with mechanical or electrical problems. I've had a couple of their smaller P & S rigs, and the lenses were always quite good and sharp.

Kiron Kid

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Ricoh XR-X 3PF that has no mechanical or electrical problems. I bought it new in 1995.

Concerning K-mount vs. M42 screw mount, there are adapters available. I've used screw-mount lenses on K-mount cameras this way. You lose automatic features (so you've got to do stop-down metering, for instance), but they do work.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin