Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,520   Posts: 1,543,790   Online: 767

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Daniel,

The hell with the second thoughts. Buy the 85 f1.4 and the 200 f2. I own them both, together with 3 FM3A bodies and love them. The 85 f1.4 lives on one of the bodies. GREAT lens for portraits on Christmas Morning!!!
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by snaggs View Post
    I think you have summarized my intended use pretty well. I have a 4x5 view camera for Landscapes and formal portraits.

* The F5 is too big (I don't want a grip, and 5.5 fps is plenty). Also the F6's AF is supposed to be quite a bit better no?
    * The F100 is nice, but doesn't work with any of my MF glass.. maybe not a big deal.

The only thing against the F6 seems to be price.

Daniel.
    This is how I use mine. I enjoy the camera every time I use it.
    Money...
    D300 costs more. How many out of thousands digital pictures which will be taken with each D300 body will be enlarged to the dimensions at which digital image surpasses film? Only few. People pay $2000 for D300. In my opinion small-sensor dslrs are waste of money.
    With F6 you will take less pictures, but most of them will be printed. You will spend less time for post-processing. Labs will do everything for you. You will not worry about exposure, for F6 exposure is dead on no matter what the object/conditions are. You will enjoy the camera. You will be a proud owner... )

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    To support the continued manufacture of film based cameras, we should, whenever possible purchase a brand new factory fresh camera, as otherwise there won't be any new cameras to buy. The manufacturer will look at current sales to determine the way forward.
    Oh wow--you are so right. Better buy a brand new F6 or Nikon might delay introduction of the much-anticipated F7. :rolleyes: Seriously-- we're talking about a guy that wants to take shots of his kids--maybe he can limp along with an F100 (which is perfectly compatible with MF glass). The F5's are very nice, but they're large and heavy beasts, so try before you buy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    Oh wow--you are so right. Better buy a brand new F6 or Nikon might delay introduction of the much-anticipated F7. :rolleyes: Seriously-- we're talking about a guy that wants to take shots of his kids--maybe he can limp along with an F100 (which is perfectly compatible with MF glass). The F5's are very nice, but they're large and heavy beasts, so try before you buy.
    Weight and cost are the reasons I choose the F-100. I can always buy a new or used F-6 later.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The best thing about digital, is that it has conditioned everyone that spending thousands of dollars on a camera is quite reasonable. The F6 is a quarter of the cost of the D3!

Daniel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by snaggs View Post
    The best thing about digital, is that it has conditioned everyone that spending thousands of dollars on a camera is quite reasonable. The F6 is a quarter of the cost of the D3!

Daniel.
    No! No! No! The best thing about digital is the pushing down the prices of analogue equipment. If it was not for that I would have never brought the equipment that I did this year!
    Just added Nikon F-100 body from KEH - it will be shipped 3 January 2008
    Certo Super Dolly Sport circa 1935 - use occasionally.
    Hasselblad 503 CX, f/4 50mm B-60 lens, f/2.8 80mm B-60 lens, f/4 150 mm lens, f/6.3 250mm B-60 lens
    Omega 5D-XL Super Chromega D Dichroic II enlarger with f/4 50mm Rodenstock lens and f/4 80mm Rodenstock lens
    Omega Arkay Dual Dri Professional Model 150 print dryer
    The den is now a part-time dry darkroom
    The master bathroom is now a part-time wet darkroom
    The freezer is stocked with 120 Tri-X 400, 120 TMax-400, 120 and 135 UC400 [about 100 rolls], 120 VC400 , HIE 145-36 and 120 Fuji Pro 160S.
    Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's not too late for an F6. Actually, I think it's a bit too early. The time is right to buy an F5.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sbelyaev View Post
    Buy F6. If you don't you will regret for the rest of your life. You can get a new one for 1800 or refurb for 1300-1400.
    Where can I buy it refurb for that much? I can buy new from Hong Kong (HKSupplies.com) including shipping for $1649, but they don't come with Warranty cards, and if they're new I've never understood why!

Daniel.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A couple of weeks ago I saw refurbished F6 for 1300-1400 at B&H photo. I just checked the price, it was 1499. I guess the price went slightly up.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Autofocus.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got both the F4 and F6, I skipped the F5. The F6's AF is light years ahead of the F4, it is very fast. The metering isn't much different, but then the F4's metering was very good to begin with. My slides are correctly exposed 95% of the time, and the other 5% of the time is unusual situations that I should have known better (snow etc).

I considered the F5, but I liked that the F6 was smaller and lighter, and still had 5 fps motor drive without the extra battery pack. Removable prisims wasn't an issue for me, as when I need that I can shoot the F4.

I'd go for the F6 myself, its probably the best film camera we're ever going to see, certainly from Nikon. If it makes you feel any better, I paid about $2600 when it came out, the same as the F4 back in 1988. Considering inflation, its never been a better time to buy!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin