Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,136   Online: 1052
      
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 61 to 69 of 69
  1. #61
    snaggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    325
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    OMG! How can I live with myself. I have only bought two new cameras in my life, none since 1987.

    How can I live??? In 35mm I only shoot with a Nikon FM2 and a Zorki 1. I am doomed. I only own two Nikon lens, the 35/2.0 and the 105/2.5.

    Me have GAS? Nah, Every one of those 47 cameras has a purpose.

    Y'alll keep buying new cameras. It's still like buying cars... I don't need that expensive New Camera Smell. I'll use your rejects.

    You guys crack me up.

    tim in san jose
    Ok, well I bought my F6 new from Hong Kong for less than the going 2nd hand price. Not that I don't think your FM2 is an awesome camera!

    However, what the F6 does do, is show you that 90% of the features available in the latest digital cameras can be delivered in a film camera. So maybe even though you don't want one, its still a good thing for film.

    Daniel.

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minn.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by snaggs View Post
    Ok, well I bought my F6 new from Hong Kong for less than the going 2nd hand price. Not that I don't think your FM2 is an awesome camera!

    However, what the F6 does do, is show you that 90% of the features available in the latest digital cameras can be delivered in a film camera. So maybe even though you don't want one, its still a good thing for film.

    Daniel.
    Do you have a link to a Hong Kong site; unlike Singapore, most Hong Kong sites are in Chinese.

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minn.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Film Enthusiast View Post
    Bobby, I have the ZF 1,4/85 and 2/50. Both are stellar performers, better than the excellent Nikkors 1,4/85 and 1,8/50. Tack sharp from one corner to the other, beautiful bokeh. Excellent performance even at max. aperture. Superb build quality.
    Perhaps these reviews may be helpful for you:
    Michael
    So it seems then that Zeiss with the, I assume from the article, death of the Contax cameras is simply putting their lenses into other mounts.
    If more lens makes do this people with Nikons could really have an amazing variety to choose from.

    I am really sad I quit pop. photo now, even if the digi stuff was not of much interest to me, I have missed all the goings on in the photo industry.
    Bobby

  4. #64

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Daventry, Northamptonshire, England
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    6,868
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyR View Post
    Do you have a link to a Hong Kong site; unlike Singapore, most Hong Kong sites are in Chinese.
    There's a Hong Kong supplier( may be the same one) offering new F6s in English, on the UK e-bay site at £799 which is way below normal UK prices, even allowing for about 20% for customs duties.

    If I recall, the seller says that in certain countries and I think the U.S. is an example there is no duty to pay. As he speaks about the U.S on the UK e-bay site this might mean that his U.S. price is the U.K. price converted to $ but I don't know. Allowing for the fact that most photo equipment seems to sell for less in the U.S. the HK supplier price might be even less than the equivalent £799.

    The same supplier sells films etc so should be easy to find. Worth a look possibly? Only drawback may be warranty issues.

    pentaxuser

  5. #65
    snaggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    325
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyR View Post
    Do you have a link to a Hong Kong site; unlike Singapore, most Hong Kong sites are in Chinese.
    www.hksupplies.com

    I've bought my fm3a, f6 and 85mm f/1.4 from them.

    Daniel.

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyR View Post
    So it seems then that Zeiss with the, I assume from the article, death of the Contax cameras is simply putting their lenses into other mounts.
    No Bobby, that is not the case. The Zeiss ZF lenses are new designs.

    Regards,
    Michael

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    There's a Hong Kong supplier( may be the same one) offering new F6s in English, on the UK e-bay site at £799 which is way below normal UK prices, even allowing for about 20% for customs duties.

    .....
    The same supplier sells films etc so should be easy to find. Worth a look possibly? Only drawback may be warranty issues.

    pentaxuser
    For those in europe who want the european warranty buying in Germany may be an option. Films and cameras are often significantly cheaper in Germany compared to other european countries.
    Example: F6 for 1818€, F6 with MB40 for 2099€ at AC-Foto www.ac-foto.com .

    Regards,
    Michael

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Minn.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Film Enthusiast View Post
    No Bobby, that is not the case. The Zeiss ZF lenses are new designs.

    Regards,
    Michael
    Wellll--then someone is not telling the truth:The Zeiss Planar ZF T* 85mm f/1.4 is one of the few all-time lens classics. It has seen many incarnations over time from the ancient Contax C/Y era over the also gone Contax N-system and now in Sony ZA and Nikon F mounts - each with slight optical variations due to the different lens mount characteristics and/or the requirements regarding the focus group. It is based on a symmetrical Planar design originally invented in 1896(!). "Planar" originates in the German word plan ("plane" in English) and refers to the flat reproduction characteristic (minimal field curvature).

    This is straight out of the photozone article.
    Bobby

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyR View Post
    Wellll--then someone is not telling the truth:The Zeiss Planar ZF T* 85mm f/1.4 is one of the few all-time lens classics. It has seen many incarnations over time from the ancient Contax C/Y era over the also gone Contax N-system and now in Sony ZA and Nikon F mounts - each with slight optical variations due to the different lens mount characteristics and/or the requirements regarding the focus group. It is based on a symmetrical Planar design originally invented in 1896(!). "Planar" originates in the German word plan ("plane" in English) and refers to the flat reproduction characteristic (minimal field curvature).

    This is straight out of the photozone article.
    Bobby
    Hi Bobby,

    the photozone article is not quite right, and probably my first answer was too short and not detailed enough.

    The new ZF 1,4/50 and 1,4/85 are similar to the old ones for Contax, but not completely identical. They have the new improved Zeiss coating technology, which was at first introduced by Zeiss for their cine lens programme.
    Please look at the Zeiss homepage for further details concerning the new coating.
    All other Zeiss ZF lenses are completely new designs. This information is directly from Zeiss.

    Regards,
    Michael

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin