Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,959   Online: 1091

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    FM2 or FE-2. Both are robust rigs, made to last.

KK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Of the three options, the F2 is far superior to either the FM2 or FE2. There's really no comparison.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have an F2A and a couple of FM2n's. Between the two I prefer the FM2n for every day use and abuse. It is a newer camera and as mentioned before it is more readily available and less expensive than an F2. It can be easily replaced if lost or broken.

On the other hand, my all time favorite Nikon film SLR is the F3HP. It is simply an amazing tool. It is very rugged, reliable, accurate meter, and when fitted with an MD-4 it is a fast performer that fits well in large hands. It was the longest lived pro F series camera in production because it was an outstanding camera. Sorry for the biased comments on the F3HP!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Shively View Post
    Of the three options, the F2 is far superior to either the FM2 or FE2. There's really no comparison.
    Mmmm... I've owned all three, and I think there's a pretty good comparison to be made. Depends on what your intended use of the camera will be. The FM2 and FE2 are both smaller and lighter, but none the less professional level cameras. And they offer an advanced flash interface. My FE2 is still one of my favorite cameras.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I owned the FM2 and loved it - selling it was quite dumb. Small, very tough and operates fully without batteries with the added bonus of fast shutter speeds, too.

Hmm, I have an F90x with side booster to trade for one, now that I think of it!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey A. Steinberg View Post
    I would get an F2 with a DE-1 (non-metered) finder, send it to Sover Wong o be overhauled and it will be good for another 50 years.
    That's the most expensive option for an F2, over $400 on KEH for a BGN rated one due to the collectibility of the plain F2 prism.
    I'd go for an F2A or, approaching but not equalling the price of the F2/DE-1, the F2AS. Manual indexing is a bitch.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by abudhabiandy View Post
    Hi, My Nikon FE has just died today, I want to use my original lensbaby on a similar camera and I see from the lensbaby site that I can use either an F2, FE2 or FM2 / I use the camera to mainly take candids of my kids, I'm not worried about advanced metering or complicated widgets just a solid camera I can sling in my rucksack! any advise gratefully recieved. Cheers Andy
    Why not the original FM? I have two of it and they work fine. They don't seem to wear as much as other older cameras in the same age range do...

Another thought: A Nikon FA. The precursor of the modern Maxtrix meetering in Nikon's. With a good MD-15, if feels great.

I guess I am lucky: I have collected the following mint Nikon's:

--FSA2 (Silver and Black)
    --FM2n w/ MD-12
    --FM3a
    --FA with MD-15.

You can't go wrong either way. But, if I have to pick one, it would be FM2n. If price is no object, the FM3a.
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks everyone! happy new year

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I own a F2 the DP1 meter head and its a great solid camera, however I recently got a Nikon F3hp as a Christmas Present. Guess what I am going to recomend: the F3HP, echoing the other posters, it is perfection and built like a brick s++t house.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin