Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,980   Online: 747

Shooter
    Medium Format

Yashica Electro 35 GS ..REPAIR HELP.

So I've got a great little Yashica Electro 35 and it seems to meter well but I need a bit of help repairing it.

I'll have lots of question of the course of this repair and I'll post them in this thread, but I have just for now:

• Like I said the meter in seems to be working fine Despite some erratic lighting from the 'under' and 'over' lights, but just before the shutter closes after a long shot it gives out this little 'whining' or pitched 'burring' sound??? It doesn't do this on the bulb function? What's going on?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The camera has an automatic electric shutter and will make some whirring noises, especially on long exposures.

Here is a good link for some more information on the Electro:
    http://www.yashica-guy.com/document/chrono.html

It's a nice camera, I own three GSN models plus a MG-1 model. I added the battery adapters (sold on the above web page) so I can use standard batteries. Some people have made their own.

Good luck!
    --John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    cool, ok so its nothing to worry about..

..thanks for the link!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin