Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,336   Online: 819

Thread: Hulcher

Shooter
    35mm

Hulcher

Back, decades ago when I took my first photo class, a brochure for this was among the items the students could browse through: http://www.hulchercamera.com/page13.htm

Have any of you ever shot one, and I wonder how well the company is doing in this day of digi-doo-doo.
    Bobby

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used the 70mm version. The major news networks also used them when I was at Cape Canaveral in the early 60s. I posted onr 70 mm frame of an Atlas launch that I had been given from a large roll of color neg.

I remember having the lens taped over with gaffers tape when we found an unathorized camera placed on a mount in the elevator to the gantry during John Glenn's launch. I was technically authorized to confiscate it. Gee, if I had, maybe I could have had a lot of time to play with it as it would have then become ours unless the newsies payed a stiff fine. As it is, all they had to do was unstick the gaffers tape and suffer lost shots.

It is a fine camera.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin