Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,716   Online: 1099

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    You can pick up varous Olympus auto focus cameras in the mju series also referred to the Stylus series. They are plentiful and run under $20 sometimes as low as $5. They are clam shell design & auto focus with a built in flash that can be turned off. Batteries readily available. I picked two up recently for $15 total. (The mju second in the series is a classic with a f2.8.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For anyone 5-85 years old looking for a film point and shoot, I suggest the Olympus Stylus Epic. A very good f/2.8 35mm lens. Weather proof and a built in flash. It seems hard to go wrong with it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I love my Olympus Stylus Epic. I carry it with me most all the time. It take very clear pictures and is easy to use.
    "while a hundred civilizations have prospered (sometimes for centuries) without computers or windmills or even the wheel, none have survived even a few generations without art." David Bayles & Ted Orland Art & Fear

Shooter
    35mm
    At that age I used a Kodak Baby Brownie, which was of course a point and shoot. Any camera will do.
    Jeff Polaski
    "A full-time job seriously interferes with photography."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If and when she gets to the more inquisitive point where she might start to give exposure some attention, you might try getting her a Canonet QL17 or, like I gave my daughter, a Zeiss Ikon Contiva. Both have rudimentary light meters and require exposure to be set. My daughter loves and cares for her Contiva and takes everywhere we go when I take my camera, even sometimes when I leave mine behind. It has come in handy more than once.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin