Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,575   Online: 1033

Thread: NIKURA!!!

Shooter
    35mm

NIKURA!!!

Got your attention, what are they.

A google search shows that Nikura/Japan has its address in Dubai.
    It seem the question of who they are is popping up on other forums recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Surely it's one of those dubious brands of all singing & dancing professional 35mm cameras, autofocus, full automatic, motor wind, big flash, nice case. Their sister companies have names like Canomatic !!!!!

Oh yes the fast autofocus lens is fixed focus, the build quality atrocious, the flash almost useless, but the case is well made

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK they have nothing to do with Nikon. I googled them and it looks like they sell a lot of "stuff" from microwaves to insect killers. Non of it looked photo related. Why do you ask? I have not seen the name before today.

Dave M
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    35mm
    They have lenses for sale retail, Cambridge, and in ebay, with some unqie stats.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Um, Bobby, I hope you're not thinking of buying from Cambridge or Airwatches, another way of spelling Cambridge. Sometimes they deliver, sometimes they don't. But they always take the money and never give any back.

If you can afford a TA II you can afford better lenses than off off brands.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Um, Bobby, I hope you're not thinking of buying from Cambridge or Airwatches, another way of spelling Cambridge. Sometimes they deliver, sometimes they don't. But they always take the money and never give any back.

If you can afford a TA II you can afford better lenses than off off brands.
    No I take your word on them at face value, which probably saved me some grief, especially since items they sold on ebay had pictures out of focus.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well the gent selling the lens just sent me an E-mail and the lens is made in Korea.
    Oddity-I sent the headquarter an E-mail and it came back today as undeliverable, BUT I sent an auto-reply, through ebay to the gent selling the lens,9slr-orphanage) and that came back as undeliverable.

I DO NOT want to spend th money but I may have to take my 'puter down to the 'puter shop and have it flushed out with a hose.
    Bobby

Shooter
    35mm
    The mighty Nikura 60-300 f3.9 sold for 89.88, it would seem photographers wanted it more than I thought.
    Bobby

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin