Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,874   Online: 1089

Shooter
    Medium Format

Canon EOS 30 overexposure

Can anyone help?
    I have an cannon eos30 which is giving me very over exposed results.
    It is not the metering as I have been using it on manual with a hand held light meter. Today I tried metering the same subject and shot on that camera and another canon body I have at a variety of apertures and shutter speeds The EOS30 gave me very overexposed results the other (an EOS 100) gave good negatives.
    Any ideas what the problem may be and if it can be fixed?

many thanks
    Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Make sure the lens is stopping down to the set aperture when you release the shutter. If it's not clean the electrical contacts on both the camera body and on the lens - then see. Did you use the same lens on the other Canon body? If you did and those results were OK then it's likely that the EOS 30 Body is the culprit. Clean the contacts anyway!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks
    I did not use the same lens so that is something I should test. I will try and see if the lens is stopping down OK. Is there any particular method recommended for cleaning the contacts?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Are you sure you havent set the exposure compensation to underexpose?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    absolutely
    I have just tried some further testing this lens on either body I have does not stop down taking or when using the depth of field preview my other lenses do so it looks like it is a lens problem the contacts look very clean but I have goven them a wipe anyway and no improvement. Looks like the aperture is stuck.

thanks for your help
    Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Clean the contacts with a soft cloth or a Q-Tip. If they're really cruddy use a rubber on the end of a pencil. (That's ERASER for everyone on my side of the "pond"!) Don't use any liquids - you just need to make sure that the contact is good between the body and the lens.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin