Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,527   Posts: 1,598,486   Online: 1154

Shooter
    35mm RF

Rolleiflex SL35 Problem.

Hi, I'm looking for a little help with my newly aquired SL35+50mm Planar 1.8.
    The problem is that I can hardly see when I'm in focus or not, the focus screen looks clean enough but never gets really sharp, there's no split prism to help either and the screen is non-interchangeable anyway. Although the viewfinder eye piece looks standard and un touched, I wonder if some one could have fitted a personal diopter eye piece?
    Another thing is that I bought the camera and lens from different sources, the lens I think may be much more recent than the body, I think it was intended for the 2000, 3003 (?) series of system cameras, though the bayonet fits fine, could there be a compatibility problem here?

I include a pic of the ticket which came with the lens (seemingly new in the box).

Thanks, Pitxu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 50mmPlanar.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Since posting this question I have found that a number of early Singapour made SL35's left the factory with incorrectly dioptered viewfinders. Anyone else have this problem? How did you overcome it?

Pitxu.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    All of the lenses for the Rolleiflex SL cameras will fit any camera, although sometimes with limited metering capability.

There are several possibilities:

1) As you mentioned, there is the possibility that an incorrect diopter was fitted to the camera.

2) It's possible that the mirror isn't correctly positioned. With some of the German design cameras, you can adjust the angle of the mirror and ensure optimal focus.

In general, I've been disappointed with the variable quality of the Singapore-made lenses and bodies. It's no wonder Rollei nearly went under.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin