Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,796   Online: 990

Thread: Ricoh

Shooter
    35mm

Ricoh

I finally got one of my Ricoh XR-Ps in the mail and it is munchkin sized.

I have been looking for my Olypmus OM-2 (thought maybe it fell through the cracks in the floor, but the motor drive was attached) to compare but I know the Ricoh is smaller.
    They always looked bigger in the pictures.

I do not have large hads, they are wide with short fingers (which means they do not get broken as easily) but starting with the Olympus, these miniture cameras maybe are ideal for youth sized hands but unless they are trying to imitate the size of a range finder camera, there small size to me has zero logic.

I has a solid feel to it though, when the weather gets thoroughly out of the sub-zero range I will have to go out and shoot a roll of film to see how auto this and that works.
    Even with my stump like fingers, I have no problems accessing controls, although the strap placement is a bit annoying.
    Bobby

Shooter
    35mm
    FWIW, if you like large 35mm cameras, try a Kiev 10 or 15. These things are enormous by 35mm standards. I think they're made from neutronium, too, they're so heavy.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694 View Post
    FWIW, if you like large 35mm cameras, try a Kiev 10 or 15. These things are enormous by 35mm standards. I think they're made from neutronium, too, they're so heavy.
    I honestly had thought of doing that, but got an Almaz instead and I think I should have gotten the former now, although lenses for either are not plentiful.

On my XR-P, the first one I got came without the manual--well--without the manual either for the camera or motor drive, they are pretty close to useless.
    Thank God I the second came with both manuals.
    Bob

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyR View Post
    I honestly had thought of doing that, but got an Almaz instead and I think I should have gotten the former now, although lenses for either are not plentiful.
    I don't own an Almaz, but my understanding was that they use K-mount lenses, so you should be able to get plenty of lenses for it. (Don't think of touching the self-timer, though; IIRC, that thing's delicate and if you look at it wrong it'll break the camera!) The Kiev 10/15, as you say, have limited lens selections, since they use a unique mount. Later Kiev 35mm SLRs use a Nikon mount, although I don't recall precisely which one.

On my XR-P, the first one I got came without the manual--well--without the manual either for the camera or motor drive, they are pretty close to useless.
    Is it really that hard to figure out? (I'm not trying to be snide; some cameras have weird quirks that require at least minimal explanation.) For future reference, this site has manuals for lots of cameras, including the Ricoh XR-P.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin