Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,728   Online: 1083

Shooter
    35mm

Canon EOS 3 custom function 13

Hi, Iím new to this forum and have found it very useful. Iíve been using an EOS 3 for the past 7 or 8 years and due to the recent addition of some very fast lenses Iíve found a legitimate use for custom function 13-1 (CF 13-1). When you select CF 13-1 it activates spot metering for the autofocus point you select (only 11 are selectable with this function). My question is will the spot metering (at the active AF point) only work if I have spot metering selected on camera? ie the spot metering at the active AF point wonít work if matrix metering or any other metering mode other than spot metering is selected? My brief testing suggests this to be the case; I just want to check with others who are familiar with this function.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Forgive me for being a bit slow on the uptake here, but I can't see the point of this with the EOS3 as you have the eye controlled auto focus function to select which AF point to use irrespective of any metering mode.

The best source of information regarding the Canon EOS Camera system is:-

http://eosdoc.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes thatís true, but Iím not concerned about selecting AF points. I would like to know if the spot metering (which is linked to the AF point) is active regardless of which metering mode is selected.

Thanks for the link, Iíll check it out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Spot metering is only active when you select it, no matter what your CF13 settings might be.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, what Ralf said. I have experimented with this as well. You need to be in spot metering mode for the focus point/spot metering connection to work. Otherwise you're just using whatever metering mode is selected regardless of focus point selection.
    Wesmore Digital
    www.wesmoredigital.ca

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin