Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,390   Online: 965

Thread: Kudos to Nikon!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kudos to Nikon!

Since we often use these forums to post complaints and questions about our gear, I thought I'd pass on a positive statement regarding Nikon.

As some of my previous posts have noted, I've had more than my share of bad luck with my 20mm f2.8 AF lens. In the roughly two years of ownership, I've had to send it back for repair four times for the same problem - the aperture stuck in the full open position.

Glad to say that on this last time, Nikon did the correct thing and replaced my lens with a brand new one.

This is the type of service I expect from a company whose products I've spent several thousands of dollars on.

Way to go Nikon!!!
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good to hear about your good experience. I found Nikon to be helpful and client oriented as well. Now, we just need to convince them to make more new film cameras.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    ... Now, we just need to convince them to make more new film cameras.
    There is only one way to convince them: Go and buy a new FM10 or a new F6.
    Nikon is looking at the sales numbers, as all other manufacturers. The sales numbers are important, nothing else.
    If there is a demand, they will produce.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    There is only one way to convince them: Go and buy a new FM10 or a new F6.
    Nikon is looking at the sales numbers, as all other manufacturers. The sales numbers are important, nothing else.
    If there is a demand, they will produce.

Best regards,
    Henning
    Well, I think I've done my part. I own 4 of their cameras already. Then again, a nice F6 would round out my collection.
    Last edited by Snapshot; 02-01-2008 at 03:48 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Grammar
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    nice F6 would round out my collection.
    Indeed it would, and trust me, it would not disappoint.
    Bob

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ccbob View Post
    In the roughly two years of ownership, I've had to send it back for repair four times for the same problem - the aperture stuck in the full open position.
    I have had the exact same problem with two copies of that lens.

- Kent

Shooter
    35mm
    I enjoy the 20mm f2.8 afd without any problems, other than I would love to see it updated. Which it recently has been. In the form of the phenomenal
    14-24mm zoom. But the 20 is a sweet size and a sweet focal length and does very well indeed on my F6.
    What would Dziga Vertov do?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin