Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,851   Online: 956

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyR View Post
    A camera that has a nearly full range of shutter speeds, without battery, is better than a F3.
    I think the LX was the last one.
    Bobby
    The FM3a was the last one to offer such a feature, and unlike the LX, all shutter speeds were available (the LX only offers the speeds faster than sync). The FM3a was introduced around the same time as the LX was discontinued.

The LX is a really nice camera, but as battery-independance goes, it's not all that practical in real life, especially considering the F3/MD-4 combo is AA powered in its entirety and AA's are ubiquitous and dirt cheap.

Shooter
    35mm
    If there were a new p&s sized film camera that offered full manual controls as well as aperture priority I'd buy it brand new for about as much as I'd be willing to spend on a similar digital camera like a Canon G9. And it'd be nice if it metered for really fast films like up to 3200 or so. I get tired of my old rangefinders that only meter up to 800 and require me to do extra work in my head to get to 3200.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin