Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,708   Online: 698

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 MF zoom users...

I am hoping to obtain the above mentioned lens and before I spring for the designated Nikon lens hood (HK-7), I was wondering if anybody has experience with using the screw-in hood HN-9 (for the 28mm PC lenses). It's similarly sized (half a millimeter deeper and wider) according to the chart compiled in the past by Rick Housh - and more importantly, I happen to have a pair of them.

It seems likely it should work, but I was hoping to hear from someone with experience.

Regards, Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    As long as you can get the HK-7 afterward; why not try HN-9 first and see if it vignettes at 25mm?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Test shots!!!!!!

The only real to find out. I am a firm believer in test shot, test rolls, and testing new equipment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 23mjm View Post
    Test shots!!!!!!

The only real to find out. I am a firm believer in test shot, test rolls, and testing new equipment.
    As am I, but the lens is not yet in my hands and I'm just speculating... Test shooting will commence once I get the lens (here's hoping for some sun... it's not supposed to snow in Vancouver, or that's what they keep saying.)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin