Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,584   Online: 1094

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by panastasia View Post
    . You can alway go more-wide later, what's wider than 24mm?
    I believe the OM Zuiko lens range included 21mm, 16mm and even an 8mm fisheye.

<edit> Here is a page which lists the OM Zuiko lens range: http://www.datasync.com/~farrar/zuiko.html
    Last edited by Andy K; 02-09-2008 at 02:47 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added link.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by SAlred View Post
    I'll chime in on the 28mm f/3.5 as a fine little lens. I spent my "Grand Tour" summer (1978) roaming around Europe with an OM-1, the 28 f/3.5 and the 100 f/2.8 shooting Kodachrome 64 (!)...

I splurged on a 28 f/2.0 Zuiko when I returned to the States, but it that was pure GAS in action. The 3.5 is a gem.

Steve A.
    Summer 1978... I must have been 6 months old back then .

Eventualy, I followed my gut feeling and ordered the 28 f2.8. You never know, f2.8 could make a difference between possible and imposible. And it wasn't for a lot more money, as opposed for the f2.

Oh, by the way, what does GAS mean?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andy, the Zuiko wide angle lenses finished at 18mm.

I have shot with it and it is as good as the Nikkor 18mm.

I have also used the Zuiko 16mm fish eye and compared it to the Nikkor 15mm rectilinear. They are both extremely good, extremely pricey and extremely different.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's kind of hard to go wrong here. There are few awful 28s out there.

I think the 28 was a wise choice. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see you wanting a 24 in a few months, but the 28 is so inexpensive that even if you end up with a 24, the 28 will earn its keep regardless.

I've occasionally been tempted to get a 28/3.5 as a throw-around lens (Nikon had a pretty good one too), but so far I've resisted.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin