Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,717   Posts: 1,514,834   Online: 918

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yesterday a friend loaned me his excellent F4 for the day. I didn't put film in it but I dry fired the thing a bit. I may be able to borrow
    it again and at this time I'll have some good side film for it.

It was enough of an experience to be impressed by the camera's weight and numerous knobs, dials and switches. Considering it is a 35mm
    camera there certainly is a lot of metal around that tiny little 24 x 36 opening ......and then you put a lens on it.

When I cycled it I noticed there was very little vibration from the mirror and overall it was relatively quiet. I like being able to view all the settings so easily in the finder. (There was even a film frame indicator.) I have relatively large hands so it fit well with all the controls easily under my fingers.

At first, this camera seemed to be more of some kind of industrial device than a artists tool, but now I see otherwise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got an F4 and have run 3 rolls through it. It's my first Nikon so I can't compare to other Nikons but as far as the meetering goes, it rocks. I love the weight of it (I'm a pretty big guy) most other 35mm cameras are just too small for my hands and the F4 is rock solid when I fire it so there is less shake, for me anyway.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Same here, my F4E is my first Nikon, but I only shoot slide and the matrix metering worked lovely so far.

Shooter
    35mm
    Craig
    "I've got both an F4 and an F6, and I shoot almost exclusively slides in 35mm. I think that the F4 does a slightly better job of metering than the F6, and I generally leave both of them on matrix metering and program."

Light meter in F6 is the best built-in meter ever made, beter than in Leica R8/R9. If you do not beleive me get minolta Flashmeter-V and Gossen Starlite and compare on the gray and all colors. It will change your thinking. Might be you do not use it properly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin