Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,443   Online: 1002

Shooter
    35mm

Is there an "All-brand" CLA shop?

I have some 35mm cameras, most notably a Chinon SLR 35mm body, which I'd like to get CLA'd. I see a number of guys who specialize in one or a few camera maker's models, but not all of them. Is there a good, more general shop? Failing that, can anyone recommend a guy to CLA my Chinon?

Thanks in advance...
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your problem with getting a Chinon CLA'd is it's likely to cost you more than getting another body in good condition.

Most general camera repairers should be able to help you, but watch the minimum charges.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think KEH works on just about anything. They even have an on-line estimator.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Garry's Camera Repair. I've used them in the past. Very quick & reasonable. I have a Chinon CM-1 that I need to send.
    http://www.garryscamera.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A CLA may cost you more than another body in good condition, but unless that other body just had a CLA itself, you'll have a better camera if you repair the one you have. 35mm cameras need occasional repair to work well. The light seals fail. The meters fall out of calibration. The shutters need adjustment.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Bireley View Post
    I use Garry's Camera Repair. I've used them in the past. Very quick & reasonable. I have a Chinon CM-1 that I need to send.
    http://www.garryscamera.com/
    I sold a Minolta XE-7 on Ebay, and described it as a beater, and the purchaser had Garry's fix it up for what seemed a very reasonable amount. He was pleased, and I was impressed. They sound like a good shop if they're convenient for you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Drop Frank Marshman a note at camerawiz@msn.com. He's done a Graphic 35 for me, and currently has two of my Gothic F's. That seems about as "all-brand" as you're going to find! He is very fast and his prices are quite reasonable.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin